Lost & Found
SPCA of Northern Virginia wishes we could help each person who contacts us about losing their animal, or has found a stray dog, cat and/or kittens in their neighborhood. But we can't. Our resources - time, people, and money - are limited. We are an ALL VOLUNTEER organization which depends solely on foster homes and donations to provide food, shelter and medical care for our animals. Animals that are lost often will end up at one of the animal shelters listed below. Please contact them when searching for a missing pet.
I found a stray dog or cat....Now what?
Take them to your nearest shelter. See the list below.
Resources for Missing and Found Pets
- MetroPets: the Basics
- Missing Pet Network
- Missing Pet Partnership
- Awol Dogs
- Pure Gold Pet Trackers
- Lost Dogs Found
- Pets 911
- More Tips: Lost Cats
- More Tips: Lost Newly Adopted and Indoor-Only Cats
- Found Cats
- Alexandria: Animal Welfare League of Alexandria 703-746-4774 or 703-746-4444
- Arlington: Animal Welfare League of Arlington 703-931-9241
- Fairfax County: Animal Control Services 703-691-2131
- Falls Church: Animal Control 703-248-5172, 703-241-5050 (24/7)
- Loudoun County: Animal Control 703-777-0406
- Manassas City Animal Control Services 703-257-8009, 703-257-8009
- Prince William County 703-792-6500