Are you looking for a life-long best friend? We may have the right cat/kitten(s) for you!
Interested in adopting?
- See photos and descriptions of our cats.
- Read our adoption policies.
- Submit our Meet Your Match form
- Email us at email@example.com with questions about our adoption process or specific cats.
If you don't have email, leave a voice mail message at 703-799-9390. We respond faster to emails than phone calls.
Meet our cats
- Meet our cats/kittens by appointment in their foster homes.
- We also hold kitten adoption fairs when kittens are available.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify a cat/kitten's availability, get suggestions on the best match for your home, or to arrange a visit.
Our Adoption Process
- We assess compatibility via our Meet Your Match form and email exchanges with an adoption counselor via email@example.com.
- Once compatible cats/kittens are identified, we arrange for in-home visits or recommend you attend a kitten adoption fair.
- We email you an adoption application either before or after you meet the cat/kittens depending on the situation.
- Once an application is approved, you meet with an adoption official in the foster home or at a kitten adoption fair to sign the contract, go over vet records, discuss how to introduce the kitty to your home etc.
Things to think about!
- Kittens must be adopted in pairs, unless you already have a young compatible cat at home for the kitten to bond with. Read more about why kittens need feline companionship.
- Thinking of declawing? Learn about declawing – it’s cruel and unnecessary. Teach your cat to scratch appropriately.
Not Ready to Adopt?
- Consider fostering a cat. See our cats that need foster homes.
- Become a cat guardian angel. See our cats that need guardian angels.